Thursday, May 27, 2010

aebleskiver

I was so excited when the box arrived from Lehmans. The box was heavy with the cast iron pan inside. I carefully opened the box and threw aside the paper packaging material. There it was my new pan all wrapped in bubble wrap. Wrapped very well with bubble wrap. With a little effort and help from my teeth I finally got it freed. Darn too busy today to make the aebleskiver. Next day I was too sick. So finally the day came.


I would like to say that all my expectations were met, but nope. I did learn a few things though. The pan must be the perfect temperature before you put the batter in to cook. Not hot enough and the inside cooks before the aebleskiver can be turned. Too hot and obviously they burn. Oh and regular sized toothpicks do not make good turners. I need to get some of those skewer things.


So in my quest for new recipes to incorporate into our boring diet it would appear that I failed with this one. I would like to say instead that it was a learning experience and I will win this battle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment