Thursday, April 29, 2010

Are You Kidding Me!

My head is spinning! How can this happen? How did that thing grow there? I saw the CAT scan, a big bright white mass right in the middle of her brain with fingers spreading out and into the tissue.

Lord, please give me strength. I had to make the most difficult phone call I have ever had to make. Fortunately, God delivered the strength that I needed. I was a basket case and couldn't have made the call without him.

Met the neurosurgeon. He took me out into the hall to tell me that it's location was "as bad as it gets". I think I need some oxygen!

She just had a headache and some vision problems. We thought it was a migraine. The tumor is growing and pushing on her optical nerve. Now she needs brain surgery!

Sunday Morning:

As we sat in the preop room, Saskia prayed for salvation and a tear rolled down her face as she said "amen".

The clock has never moved so slowly. Brandi and I lay on the couches in the waiting room. It's been a long night of which I don't even remember. What happened to Saturday night? There were people in and out: Pastor, Brandi, my husband, Audrey and her family. They were all there before the surgery at some point.

Hours pass. The surgeon came to talk to us. He said that when he got in there the tumor was dead. It was like an abscess. He said it was "bizarre". They removed it, but had to take some of the pituitary. There could be complications.

1 comments:

Brandi said...

i love you Jacky, God is showing himself real to us through this. You are a great example for Thea and Saskia, keep the faith, and stay in the Book, He will get us through this!!

Post a Comment