Monday, July 29, 2013

Times Are A Changing

The past couple years of my life have been interesting. It got bad for awhile, but that turned out to be a good thing. That doesn't sound very logical on the surface, so let me explain.


The bad:

One of my best friends moved away. Not only was she the one who planned all the exciting activities that we would participate in, she was also the glue that tied everyone together.  I think she far underestimated her value.

My husband's father passed away. I could see the pain in my husband's eyes that I was unable to make go away. 

My grandmother passed away. I found it amazing that after her passing I took time to really reflect back on her life. Even a woman who spends her life at home, can be one heck of a fascinating person. I wish I would have seen it sooner.

The biggest blow of the year was when my son moved to Montana to join the fire department. I encouraged him to go because it was good for him.  Depression dug in and I  barely got out of bed for 2 months.

We left the church that was filled people that I loved like family. It was my choice to leave and I don't regret my decision. Even though my heart has been broken, I will always have a great love for those people.

So much has changed since I packed up my heart and left that little church on the corner. I have had a lot of time to think. Eventually that thinking lead to action.


The good:

Through the transition of being "a mom" and seeing that my son was a grown up and didn't need mothering so much anymore, I needed to learn how to "be me" again. 

The first thing I decided to do was to go back to school and finish my degree. I just finished my first semester back. I loved it! I took 3 classes worth 7 credits. That's full time for a summer session. It was a lot of work, but I managed to get straight A's in fly fishing, English, and psychology. My hubbie was awesome in helping me study and proofing my papers. 

Hubbie and I have both decided to change our way of living. Through changing the way we eat and getting out and doing things more, we have both lost over 30 pounds. WooHoo! 

We have already been to so many places around our local area this year. I am feeling more alive then I have in probably 15 years. 

My dad's uncle is currently in the hospital. He was out 4-wheeling and having a good time. He ended up having a pretty bad 4 wheeling accident. He is 89. I want to live the next 50 years of my life like that. (Without the accidents, of course). 

If I had never gone through the previous trials, I would have been content with the life I was living and never realized how much better it could be. So this is where I am in life, like it or not. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment